CAFUNÉ ǁ Part 3

 The cab slowed down and parked at the entrance of a huge building with ‘HQ’ written in bold on top. I was one of those office-like buildings that had glass covering most of it. I frowned as I tried to sort out all the questions flowing in my mind.

 Once the cab stopped I looked at Harry as if asking him approval to exit the cab. He got out of his seat and ran around the cab in order to open my door for me. Okay so he’s mysterious, drives a smelly cab, but he’s a gentleman. I never quite noticed what he was wearing until right now since he was sitting in the driver’s seat. He had quite a weird sense of fashion. He has extremely skinny black jeans on with a cheetah shirt with the first 3 buttons open -I could tell he wore it a lot since it was a bit worn out. He also had these peculiar golden boots that I could probably see miles away and he held a dark blue coat in his hand that he just took off.

 I sighed as I went out not knowing what awaits me. I even considered running away once I got out but I knew I wasn’t quite fast enough and my legs were also no match to Harry’s long ones.
At the door there were two guys wearing black suits. They had a nice cutaway collar that made them look very dapper. The shirts under were white and they both had a black tie. They had black pattern leather shoes on. Their hair also had a ton of gel on it to keep it frozen in place. Both were broad shouldered and quite scary looking.  But what was quite funny about their appearance was their black sunglasses which they had on when there was no sun and it was practically going to rain anytime now.

I followed Harry as he walked past those guys. He waved at them while they nodded their heads at Harry without moving neither from the spot they were standing in nor their crossed arms.
I kept quiet as Harry stopped in front of the door. It had a small metal box next to it that I guessed was for security. I guessed right. Harry stepped closer to the box -which turned out to be an eye scanner- and placed his face in front of it and 3 seconds later the door opened. “Come on, Director D. is waiting for you on the command deck.” He remarked.


I wonder who that ‘Director’ is and how could he know who I am; I literally just arrived to this place. I sighed still unsatisfied with the unanswered questions in my mind and followed Harry as he entered with my head down. Just as I looked up my eyes widened. This place was huge! Metal doors, spy equipment, security cameras and many people in suits. What was this place? “Hold on one minute.” He said. He walked away and I couldn’t quite see him because of the crowd that looked like a swarm of busy bees fixing everything in place except for the fact that they didn’t look as fancy as these people.
 I looked down at my attire. I was wearing a pair of blue jeans, black oversized wool sweater, my coat, red sneakers, and my brown hair was put in a messy bun. That’s about it. I felt extremely out of place in the middle of this office or whatever it was. 

 I saw a head full of curls coming towards me. I felt relieved because I was pretty sure I looked like an awkward statue standing there alone. My breath hitched when I got a close look on what was new about Harry. He changed into a suit that looked exactly like the others’ –except for the cat printed tie he chose- but I swear he made everyone around him look like they were wearing unmade beds instead of suits, and when he smiled, it was a little bit magical. 

Comments